The model starts with five so called Enablers found in the organisations, that form the basis for the performance, product or service offerings for customers, employees, society, and all other stakeholders of the organisation:
- Leadership: an accountable leadership, acting as a role model, who have worked out a clear vision and mission for the organisation, are taking care themselves for the needs of their customers, partners, employees, or society, and who are creating a productive and innovative environment.
- a strategy that is developed and implemented based on the full understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Employees, that understand this strategy and transform this through their work into relevant products, fully supported by their leaders
- Partners and suppliers, that are integrated into the internal processes and product development. Finances and other resources that are responsibly managed and used.
- and finally the process oriented area of products, including their development, production, marketing, promotion, and delivery, as well as the close linkage to customers.